As regular followers know, the CultureJukebox team are huge fans of having fun on two-wheels..
So, it’s great to hear that #SpinLDN is coming back to the capital. Visitors to the festival of cycling (which is taking place at London Olympia this year) will find an event that is jam-packed with the best brands, bikes, and the ultimate blend of cycling culture in one location.
Spin is also welcoming a progressive mix of brands to provide food and drink – with a caffeine fix from Volcano Coffee Works, craft beers from Camden Town Brewery and an expertly-curated street food market.
More than 150 of the most forward-thinking cycling brands will be in attendance, presenting must-have products, kit and ideas for seasoned cyclists, biking beginners and everyone in-between. A list of the Spin exhibitors is online here.
A few of the more quirky highlights for this year’s festival includes:
- The Red Light District – new for 2017, this boundary pushing part of Spin will be an unforgettable showcase of the world’s most beautiful bikes.
- Day-Night Test Track – a first for any cycling event in the UK – this atmospheric test track offers the chance for cyclists to try out cutting edge new bikes against a backdrop of light installations and music. It also offers a chance for riders to test out a variety of night-time cycling accessories.
- The Summit – be inspired by the biggest names in cycling, as more than 50 expert speakers take to the stage for an unparalleled programme of expert talks. Chris Boardman, Ned Boulting and CycleHackare among those leading sessions.
- The Maker’s Lounge– offers a handpicked selection of today’s finest frame and custom bike builders. A chance to see the best work from King Bicycles, Donhou Bicycles, Dear Susan, Mercredi, Hartley Cycles, Quirk Cycles and many more.
- The Art Hub – featuring printing workshops, saddle art and exhibitions from some of the most creative people showcasing their love of bikes.
- Giro d’Italia – in association with Eurosport, Spin will be the best place to follow one of the world’s most beautiful races.
- Cole Coatings Workshop – a chance to learn from the best and really understand the process behind designing and executing an award-wining bespoke bicycle finish.
Spin founder, Alex Daw said: “The whole team here are really excited how Spin 2017 is shaping up, it’s a cycling event for London unlike anything else. The move to Olympia has given us the opportunity to grow the scale and ambition of the show – and get new people into cycling too. It’s an event that‘s for everyone interested in cycling and the culture around it.”
Check out the event online here.